Saturday 30 January 2016

Nostalgic Object in #tanahairku

In this exhibition, there was a nostalgic object was significant to me which was the primary school in Section 4 – A lifetime of friendship. I was very interested the design of classroom included the table, book, pencil, chair and feather duster. It was a good memory in my mind and let me to recall back the period of study in primary school. 





It made me recall back when I studied in primary school, there was my first time went to the school alone without any friends and parents accompanied even same school with my sister but we did not have any interaction in the school. So, I realised it was a time that I need to learn how to communicate and interact with others children.  I was trying to introduce myself to others children who sat surround me.
Finally, I had a friend and she lived next to me. We were always sharing our food such as bread, biscuit and so on. After the class, we did our homework together and shared our answer as well. Not only this, we played together in every moment when we free such as “Congkak” and I was always the loser in this game. Sometimes, we forgot to do the homework or forgot to bring the textbook, our teacher would use feature duster to whip our hand as a punishment. Therefore, it let me had an unforgettable memory in my life.
Congkak
We were still maintained our friendship until now, 2016. We were very treasure it because it was a friendship that more than 10 years from 2002 to 2016. So, I think the classroom design and the “Congkak” were good nostalgic objects for me.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Such a beautiful story of your schooldays, Pei Fang :) Thanks for sharing and I am glad you and your school friend are still keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete