Saturday 16 April 2016

Experience of Traditional Dance Presentation

This is my first and also is the last presentation in this semester. In this presentation, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Dr Carmen and Miss Ezzati because they help us to accomplish our presentation. Before we started to do this assignment, Dr Carmen gave us a lot of help to us especially we faced the problem to decide the topic and she also suggest us the centre for the interview part.


It was my first time to be a leader to lead a group to accomplish the assignment and presentation. Even though it was a tough task for me, but I was very appreciate it. This was because I learn how to communicate with my group members and how to solve the problems when we were facing it.

After we decided the traditional dance, Joget, we started to do our search and practice it. Since there were various types of Joget, so we chose Joget Lodeh as our presentation dance. Joget Lodeh was introduced in Malay to the Malacca at the 16 century. It has a cheerful movement and it was a male and female pair dance. Besides that, I felt very happy when work together with my teammate especially we worked together and practiced together in the midnight. It was because we did not have the potential on dancing, so we need to pay more effort on it. Sometimes we will practice it until midnight even the movement was very simple, but we were trying to perform a perfect performance in front of everyone.

We planned to wear the traditional clothing to play a short drama story to bring out the meaning of traditional of Malaysia. It was a special presentation compared to previous. I was appreciated that we got all the clothing from Miss Ezzati the traditional clothes, Baju Kebaya and included Baju Melayu. Moreover, we created our own props such as “songkok” and fans for our presentation.

We had a lot of mistakes in our presentation especially dancing. However, we did not blame each other instead appreciate had an opportunities work with each other. I gained a lot of knowledge about our Malaysia traditional dance in this presentation. Other than that, I was also learn to manage a group of members such as separate the tasks and measure they were submitted their on time. Sometimes, we will have some conflict between each other, but we would not bring it to the next day and tried to settle it on time.


At the end, I am really appreciate I have a chance to touch on our Malaysia traditional art form since I have no idea about the Joget dance before. If as a Malaysian do not have the knowledge about our own traditional art form how does the art form pass to next generation and it will gradually disappear in our society?

1 comment:

  1. Your group's presentation was indeed very creative, funny and colourful too :) We had a lot of fun watching you.

    ReplyDelete